With everything that’s been happening here in the last while; (car issues etc. etc.) it hasn’t been easy to remain positive or to feel gratitude for the goodness in my life. So with that in mind, I decided it was a good time for me to think about the positives; the things that I feel grateful for and write a blog post about gratitude.
And so in no particular order; here are the things that I feel the most grateful for today:
- having friends who will talk to me on the phone for hours at a time; someone the other day called it “phone therapy”; very fitting.
- my dog, who even as I write this, is laying under my legs on the couch. Yes, he is work but he gives me a 1000 times more than I give him.
- photography; taking pictures of babies and brides and little kids and big kids and all things in between
- learning to swim; it is so very satisfying to be able to swim laps in the pool and even go into the deep end!
- the newspaper in the morning delivered to my door
- the people who shovel my driveway and deck
- warm socks
- computers and iPhones
- driving a big, red monster truck right now
- lunch with friends
- my daughter-in-law, who is also one of my favorite people in the world
- my grandson who makes me laugh and loves my wolf howl
- smiles from strangers
- the crunch of the snow under my feet when I walk in the winter and the energy that I get from the cold
- The Good Wife, Masters of Sex, Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black
Have you ever tried to write a gratitude list? I suggest you do.
Wave at me if you see me dancing in the snow tonight!